Everyone likes stars, fascinating and pretty as they are. Plus there are the many positive things that are attributed to the star; when someone does really well they are called a star, when a person does exceptionally well in their profession they are the stars there plus there is glamour quotient that is attributed to actors by calling them stars. When you are doing your nails with star designs on them then you are making your nails the star.
You can go with fun and playful designs or really bold ones, depending on your choice and mood. In this article we will take you through the process and once you have the basic design down you can play around with it to create your own unique take on it.
This design is done using sponges and stickers shaped like stars. The technique for creating these star designs are a result of some experimentation and practice. After some experimenting with foil stars which do not really look good on nails as they tend to look too large, this method was developed.
An effort has been made to ensure that this technique looks more painted and has more than one single star on the nail to create a good look. The best part is that you do not need much; only some sponge used for cosmetic purposes and some stickers shaped like stars.
The effect will be some what like shooting stars which are dashing of in different directions. This effect is really obvious when you add silver dots and lines just around the stars. The sponge really helps in creating a look that looks airbrushed.
You will need:
- A polish to be used for the base
- A polish to be used as the top coat
- Black colored nail paint
- White colored nail paint
- Sliver colored nail paint
- Star stickers in small sizes
- Sponges used for cosmetic purposes
- Paint on the base coat and thereafter add one or two layers of white nail polish. Ensure that each layer dries before applying the other.
- Carefully pick and put one or two star stickers on to each of your nails. You may have to use your discretion to decide on how many stars can fit into each nail. You will notice that smaller nails look better with a single star. Ensure that you have reduced the stickiness of the sticker by rubbing them out with the tips of your finger. This will ensure that they do not pull away the polish
- Once are done with putting the stickers on, you can pick up the sponge and put a little black polish on it. Ensure that the black polish does not saturate the sponge. This will ensure that the airbrush effect is created. Daub the sponge all across the star shaped sticker to ensure that the sticker in outlined by the black nail paint. Then you need to wait till it dries fully, before moving on to the next step.
- Once you are sure that the black polish is absolutely dry, you may very cautiously remove the star shaped stickers.
- Once the stickers have been removed, take the toothpick and make dashes and dots randomly all over the nail. Ensure that this also dries completely.
- Now apply the top coat of polish once you are sure that everything has dried fully. Make sure that you do not spoil the work that you have done. Enjoy your well painted shooting star nails and show it off to all.