When you look at abstract paintings, don’t you wish you could emulate the designs that you see there? But then the question arises as to where you will reproduce them. We will tell you where you can do this without having to go to great lengths – on your nails. It will look stunning and the best part is it is very simple and quick to do. Wait, there is more good news – you need to be very artistic to do this.
You do need to collect some implements and nail paints to make this happen. But once you do this you will find that things are remarkably easy. Flaunt these metallic squares nail art next time you are out and impress the hell out of your friends. The metallic combination tends to lend a space age effect that is very cool. But if you are in the mood for softer shades or other jewel tones or even a combo of dark shades to match your outfit, then you should go for it. Just mentally visualize how the end result will look like to ensure that the colors do work well before going for it.
If you have a yen for classic modern art, you will find these designs so appealing that you will find yourself doing it again and again. One thing that you need to ensure is that while working on this design, is you do things with a steady hand. Since the design is relatively simple, you can easily do the same design on both hands. All you need to do is try and get the lines right.
To start you will need to collect the following things:
- A base coat of polish
- Top coat of polish
- A nail striper brush that is pretty fine
- Black colored nail paint
- White colored nail paint
- Silver colored nail paint
- Gold colored nail paint
How to do the metallic square nail art:
- Start with one layer of base coat. Allow it to dry and then apply two coats of black nail paint. Allow these to dry fully
- Use the nail striper and dip it into the white nail paint to draw two or three vertical lines on the nail. The number of lines you are able to draw on the nail will also depend on the size of the nail. You need to visualize the effect you want and tweak the lines as you want it based on that.
- Once the vertical lines are fully dried out draw two horizontal lines on the bottom of the nail. Draw a horizontal line towards the middle of the nail. Try and get some asymmetrical looking squares and rectangles on the nail, by playing around with the nails. You do not want perfectly drawn squares as this will not look as cool when finished.
- Once you are sure that you have drawn the squares as you want them, let the lines dry out fully. Then carefully fill in the squares with silver and gold nail paint. You need to do this is in a random manner to achieve the effect we want. You can also try out copper toned metallic nail paint to add extra color and dimensions.
- Once you have the square and rectangles are painted allow ample time for the design to dry and then add a top coat for finish and a better look.