Ask any girl child and she will tell you that one of the things she likes to do is paint her fingernails. You can draw inspiration from little girls as far as your nail art ideas is concerned. Come to think of it, the idea has a lot of credibility; little girls are imaginative, their use of colors is quite unusual and there are ready to try new things. One of the things that we can be inspired from is the use of colorful fruits to embellish your nails. Going with the little girl theme, use of bright and fluorescent colors adds to the charm of the nail art.
The idea for this nail art tutorial came about very casually when on an outing with a little girl. That means it is simple to do, whimsical in its charms and does not use glue or adhesives of any sort. The decals of the fruits have been stuck on with the help of nail paint. The use of colors recommended in this tutorial are simply a matter of personal choice. You may play around with the color theme as per your preference. Once you do this kind of nail art, you can try out various things.
Things you require:
- A clear coat of polish to be used as the base
- A nail art kit containing the components of the fruit salad. You can get these at many stores and even some online sites have a good selection for you to pick from
- A bright orange colored nail paint. Needs to be fluorescent
- Some q tips and nail polish remover to clean out edges and give things a smooth finish
- Top coat of polish to make sure things have that polished look
How to get started:
- The first thing that you need to do before starting is remove any traces of nail paint from your nails. Once you do that you can paint all your nails on with a base coat. This will protect them and also ensure that your art stays on longer. Allow nails to dry
- Next apply a coat of orange nail paint on all your nails. If you find it difficult painting with your left hand, my advice would be to do that first (that is get the nails on the right hand painted) and then do the left hand nails using your right hand. Let the nails dry fully.
- The next step needs to be done one nail at a time. Simply paint a layer of clear nail polish on the nail. Then carefully pick the fruit decal that you want to stick on the nail and place it on the polished area. Set it firmly and press it down to make sure that it adheres. You can use a toothpick or q tip to place it if you wish. Again start with the nails on your right hand and then do your left. You can either place the decal on the corner or in the center.
- Once you have the fruit decal firmly stuck to the nail wait for the polish to dry and then carefully coat it with a layer of top coat of nail polish. This will ensure that everything has a polished look and the decal will not fall off.
Once all your nails are done, you will see that they do look like a childish version of cute and colorful fruit salad. The next time you do this you can experiment with black or any other dark color to see how it looks.