Every New Year also brings forth new trends in many things including nails. This will dictate what you should be looking to purchase. When the trends do come out you will find yourself giving into the shopping frenzy. But the thing to keep in mind is not to go overboard and resist using your credit card to buy stuff. You could also do with some smart planning. The way to do it is to trust the trends and buy quality carefully. One of the things that you should do is stay away from darker shades unless you are buying emo vogue.
Otherwise stay with lighter and more floral shades like a luscious coral or a really innocent and fresh lilac. Sky blue is another color that will make your nails pop and add a spring like aura to them. There is the new trend that leans towards striping which can produce some really distinct and fashionable looking modern designs.
Trends to do with nails keep changing with the changing seasons and also as per occasions. The thing with nails nowadays is to be creative to work with the latest colors to come up with your take on them. The more creatively you can think the more in vogue your nails are going to look. You can go bold and pick out colors like yellow, red and green to come up with a nail trend of your own.
Here are some nail trends that are quite popular this year:
- Black nail paint with a diamond like gray pattern in the middle
- Nails painted in solid colors like white or red and then the tips painted with a feathery touch with a contrasting shade like black or blue
- The wintery colors of pink, rose and puce
- Silver and silvery gray shades to add a cool look to your nails
- Striking red nail polish with glitter tips put in a stylish and asymmetrical way
- Purple polish that looks luminescent
- Black nails with bling on them with the help of rhinestones
- Matt black polish tipped off with shiny black nail paint at the edges
- Lighter nail polish with polka dots
- Nail art in lighter colors embellished with a cute bow
- Floral art on nails in softer colors
- Pink nails tipped with a bluish shade
- Black and white checked nails
As you can see the nail art this year is influence by a bold and imaginative style that can easily be done on your nails with the help of supplies that you will find in most beauty stores and sites. All you need to do is ensure that the shades you pick work with the color of your skin, the outfit you are planning to wear and the mood you are trying to set. Then with the help of a few tips and techniques and not to mention tools you can use your nails as a canvas to make your nail art.
Just ensure that the nails do match with the rest of your look. One of the things that you can do to get your mind going on imaginative ways of painting your nails is to keep an eye online. You will find many tutorials that range from the intensely creative and imaginative to the bizarre. You need not entirely copy these designs but you can use the techniques and the general idea behind a design to come up with your own take on them. This way your nails will receive the kind of attention that you always wanted for them. Some of the latest nail art trends examples are here: